|Version 138 (modified by fma, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to Papywizard project
- Latest news
- Related discussions
- Trac shortcuts
Papywizard is a panohead control software, mainly developped for the Merlin/Orion? astronomic mount, but usable for other panoheads with small effort.
Papywizard is entirely written in python and, although developped under linux, should runs under many platformes (Windows/WindowsCE, MacOS, Unix...). It is especially designed to run on small plateforms, like PDA. Unfortunally, my tests under PocketPC showed that it is very difficult to develop on it. I bought a used Nokia 770 Internet Tablet, and successfully ran Papywizard :o) Some guys successfully ran it on N800 and N810. So I concentrate my efforts on maemo plateform... Another future solution will be to use Openmoko plateform, with the recently available FreeRunner cellphone.
Anyway, at this time, Papywizard successfully runs on PC/linux, Nokia/maemo, and PC/win32 (mainy XP, and still having issue with bluetooth). It should run as well on MacOS, but nobody tried it yet.
Papywizard is not a commercial project: I develop it on my free time, because it is fun. So, I don't make support for professional usage. This does not mean that it can't be used by pro photographers, but be aware that things can go wrong while shooting, and neither my responsability, nor Kolor one, can be engaged is such case.
The Papywizard team
2008-11: version 1.4.0 is out. Main improvements are FOV and number of pictures as input params, preview positions in shooting dialog, and rewind/forward shooting feature. See ChangeLog for all new features.
2008-11: version 1.2.0 is out. A lot of improvements for this release (custom user presets, Windows installer...); see the ChangeLog for all new features...
2008-10: Openmoko seems a good candidate, as Papywizard runs on it out-of-the-box (simulation mode). More tests to come.
2008-09: Papywizard runs again under Windows (svn version), except for bluetooth. Hope to fix this soon.
2008-09: version 1.0 is out! See the ChangeLog...
All Papywizard files and documents are released under CeCILL, a french free license, based on and compatible with GPL.
The project started on the Autopano Pro forum, where someone has bring the idea to use an astronomic mount for panoramic shots. The very low price of the Merlin/Orion? mount made it the perfect candidate. The only things to do were an electronic interface, and a little software to drive it!
- Wiki français Autopano Pro - Page wiki française sur la tête Merlin
- English Autopano Pro wiki -- English Orion related wiki page
- Forum français Autopano Pro - Discussions en français sur la tête panoramique motorisée basée la Merlin/Orion?
- English Autopano Pro forum - English discussions on Merlin/Orion?-based motorized panohead
Use the forums for questions, bugs reports, or to ask for new features.
- Installation Guide
- User Guide?
- User Guide Svn -- Developpement version
- Tips and tricks
- Developper Guide
- Python -- Python
See this page.
Zip archives can be downloaded from source pages.
If you are using a Nokia, the best way to install Papywizard is to add my catalogue, then use the maemo application manager. See Installation on Nokia?.
- Papywizard 1.4.0 -- Source (ChangeLog)
- papywizard_1.4.0-1_all.deb -- Nokia (maemo) debian package
- Papywizard_1.4.0-1_Install.exe -- Windows installer (bluetooth support broken)
If you are using a Nokia, unlike the stable version, just click on the package file from your web navigator.
- Papywizard svn -- Source (ChangeLog)
- papywizard_1.3.6-1_all.deb -- Nokia (maemo) debian package
- Papywizard_1.3.6-2_Install.exe -- Windows installer (bluetooth support broken)
- Papywizard 1.2.1 -- Source (ChangeLog)
- papywizard_1.2.1-1_all.deb -- Nokia (maemo) debian package
- Papywizard_1.2.1-1_Install.exe -- Windows installer (bluetooth support broken)
- Papywizard 1.2.0 -- Source (ChangeLog)
- papywizard_1.2.0-1_all.deb -- Nokia (maemo) debian package
- Papywizard_1.2.0-1_Install.exe -- Windows installer (bluetooth support broken)
- Papywizard 0.9beta2 -- Source (ChangeLog)
- papywizard_0.9beta2-4_all.deb -- Nokia (maemo) debian package
- papywizard_0.9-alpha2.exe -- Windows binary
- Report bug or add request -- For developpers only. Use APP forums instead
- View tickets
- View tickets -- by Milestone
- Frédéric Mantegazza (fma38 on Autopano forum)
- Jo Lutum (german translation)
- Maciej Dworak (polish translation)
- Hubert Pawlowski (Papywizard icon design)